The following resources are associated with your recent training or coaching provided by YES Psychology & Consulting or your Tactical Composure Trainer. (click the links to listen/view).
1. HELPING CONVERSATIONS
These audio and video files (5 mins each) explain high-impact, low-risk conversation tools for approaching others to talk about wellbeing and mental health.
- A Simple ‘Helping Conversation’ approach to Wellbeing Issues (audio)
- The Power of Checking-in for Leading Mental Health (8 min video)
- The LEADS method as a preparation and conversation tool (audio)
- The 3 Rs Method (Recognising, Responding, Referring) (audio)
- Preparing and Starting the Mental Health Conversation (audio)
- The REACH Method for Psychological First Aid in Crises (audio)
These worksheets and handouts relate to homework activities associated with your program:
- Proactive check-in Conversations for Leading Mental Health (PDF)
- COMPETENCIES CHECKLIST: Supportive Leadership Behaviours (PDF)
- WORKSHEET 1: Responding to Signs of Concern (The 3 Rs approach) (PDF)
- WORKSHEET 2: Preparing for emotional conversations (LEADS) (PDF)
- Positive Activities for Team Meetings and Peer Support (PDF)
2. HANDOUTS & TIPSHEETS
These tips cover evidence-based actions and habits for managing stress and building focus and mental wellbeing.
- Daily Dashboard & Focus – Cheat-Sheet for identifying what you need
- Tips for Wellbeing & Coping – Related to the impacts of COVID-19
- Individual Actions for Building Mental Health & Resilience
- Self-Care & Resilience – Tips for building resilience, wellbeing & grit
- Take Stock – Take Action – A robust planning approach for tough times
3. COMPOSURE & MINDFULNESS EXERCISES
These exercises are an introduction to the power of mindfulness and relaxing on cue (a practical pathway toward resilience and wellbeing).
- Quick Calm Combo – Relax on Cue (90 seconds)
- Calm Combo – Relax on Cue (3 mins)
- Relax & Refocus (5 mins)
- Grounding Mindfulness Exercises (5 mins)
- Sitting Calming Mindfulness (10 mins)
4. MENTAL HEALTH CONVERSATIONS (Videos from Beyondblue)
These videos share the importance of proactive help-seeking when it comes to managing mental health and wellbeing.
- Having the Conversation (the benefits of talking about it)
- Conversations with health professionals (Men asking for help)
- Know your options: have the conversation with your GP
- Michael’s Story – Depression and Return to Work support
5. TIPS FOR NAVIGATING CHALLENGE & CHANGE
These tips are useful for anyone going through change and challenging times.
- Tips or Navigating Change and Challenging Situations (PDF)
- Recognising the impact and good advice (AUDIO)
- Refocusing on problem-solving and wise action (AUDIO)
- Signs of Stress and Potential Mental Health Issues (Checklist)
6. COPING WITH COVID-19 – COMPREHENSIVE TIPS
The following reputable bodies provide a range of practical tips for people coping with the impacts of COVID-19.
- Managing my daily life (BeyondBlue) – tips on isolation, wellbeing, stress-management, self-care and ways to keep active and connected.
- Domestic and family violence (including support plans). Call 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Coping with COVID-19 anxiety, isolation and looking after mental health – Adults, older adults and talking with kids (Australian Psychological Society)
QUESTIONS: email firstname.lastname@example.org